Search This Blog

Saturday 22 October 2016

An introduction

Hello all,

Welcome to my first attempt at blogging. I'm Dave and I'm a geek. Specifically, a war gaming/painting geek.

For the last 25 years or more, ever since my mate Al showed me his copy of White Dwarf, I've been an avid participant in the world of Warhammer 40k. I've tried many armies, but in the end, I keep coming back to my first, Blood Angels.

Ever since I saw the front of Space Crusade and then later on having had my first forays into Space Hulk, the Angels of Death have always occupied a special place in my hobby heart.

So this is where this blog comes in. I've tried capturing my progress on painting logs on Warseer and Bolterandchainsword under the name Punkfish. I dabble in hobby groups on Facebook and Flickr, but for some time, I've wanted to have my own little corner of the web to call my very own. This is it.

I'm no competition level painter, and I game for fun but hopefully my posts will keep you entertained. As a starter, I'll post some pics of my Blood Angels and an old Guard army before moving onto the newer stuff.

Let's get with the photos shall we?

These first photos show my Blood Angels as they stood in 2010. A large majority of the models were over 10 years old at this point. My Blood Angel force is based around the 5th Battle Company, otherwise known as the Daemonbanes.

I'll follow with the fluff in another post, along with some character introductions and close up shots.

Hopefully I've whet your appetite for some more, thanks for reading guys :-)

















No comments:

Post a Comment